lbl-masthead.png

Yup - I'm Definitely Nesting

Posted by Pamela Vaughan

Nov 6, 2008 11:39:29 AM

A lot of people have been asking me lately if I'm ready for Baby Lump's arrival.� I always get a little thrown off by the question - do they mean ready emotionally or ready materialistically?

Materialistically, James and I would definitely be able to get by if Baby Lump were to grace us with his/her presence tomorrow.� For the most part, we have a lot of the essentials thanks to the baby shower in PA - a place for Baby Lump to sleep, a stroller, a carseat, some diapers, some clothes, bathing products, etc.

Answering whether I am emotionally ready is slightly more difficult.� In some ways I think I am, and in others, maybe not so much.� I think I'm teetering on the edge right now.� I'm getting very excited for Baby Lump to finally be here, yet I'd be caught pretty off-guard if he/she were to show up in the next few days. Plus - we still need a boy's name!

[caption id="attachment_356" align="alignright" width="361" caption="Graco Pack and Play in Nouvelle Pattern"]Graco Pack and Play in Nouvelle Pattern[/caption]

Still, the nesting instinct has definitely been catching up with me.� I have such an urge to start getting the "nursery" ready, but right now it's too busy serving as both James' office and the guest room.� Plus, we're kind of lacking on the furniture front at the moment, so there wouldn't be much I could do anyway.� I was, however, able to convince James to help me set up the pack and play last night, which will serve as Baby Lump's crib/changing area/play pen as long as we're living in this apartment.� It's hanging out in our bedroom for the time being.� I definitely swallowed a big, heaping dose of reality last night when I peered over at the pack and play from my bed and imagined the many times I'll be hearing a baby's cry coming from its general direction.� Baby Lump could be here as early as next month and not be considered premature!� (Crazy!)

I know I'm a little late posting this week, but here is a summary of Baby Lump's 30-week stats:

Measurement/Weight: not much progress here - still about 3-4 lbs. and 15-16 inches

Other Highlights: Most of Baby Lump's developemental energy this past week has been focused on rapid brain cell growth.� Additionally, his/her fingernails and toenails are now fully formed, and he/she is starting to shed the lanugo (a fine layer of hair that has been covering the skin), which means Baby Lump is becoming less and less of a furbaby.

Oven Timer: 30 weeks, 3 days
more

Topics: Weekly Updates, little baby lump, 30 weeks, nesting

Subscribe by Email

rss   RSS Feed

Recent Posts

Popular Posts